Thursday, February 15, 2007

Finally, a heartbeat!

Julie and I went to our first doctor visit when the baby was twelve weeks old. Julie was really sick (and I mean really sick) so we were really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat. Well, they couldn't find it and we went home pretty disappointed.

Yesterday (Feb. 15), a couple of nurses Julie works with decided to get the Doppler thingy to check for a heartbeat. Julie called me at home (enjoying my snowday) and held the phone up to the monitor. Unbelievable!! 160 beats per minute.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this exciting news in my life. Enjoy the snow!!

P. S. If you've never heard a baby's heart beat at 12-16 weeks, check out this link:
Scroll down to the speaker icon and click it.
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancycalendar/l/blweek12.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is unbelievable that you two are having a baby! I am so excited! I get to be an aunt again. I hope you come visit often with your newborn so we can see her, I think its a she, i don't know, i've just got this feeling its a girl. But thats cool that the hearbeat was heard. God is so amazing isn't He! luv, lisa.